My ovaries deserve a pat on the back. They're workin' hard and puttin' in over time, so I'm paying them in cool mint oreos. Which, are brilliant by the way.
First off - they didn't sabotage my cycle this time by prematurely ovulating. And now they're growin' follicles. And doing an amazing job.
Informational Insert: In IVF they keep up with the measurement of your follicles while using and comparing all kinds of scientific information that would make my brain explode, until the body proves its ready for them to retrieve multiple eggs.
After 3 nights of stimulation meds my follicles jumped from 7 to 11. They're lookin' for anything between 18 and 21 in order to retrieve. So, I'm gettin' closer and in a very short amount of time. They scaled back some of my meds in order to control the stimulation. (I was on 150 IU of Follistim and 2 amps of Menopur...but, they're cutting the Menopur back to 1 amp) Hopefully I'll be scheduled for egg retrieval Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. I've got another appointment on Saturday, so I'll know better then.
Now, for the down-side. Injections hurt. I don't remember them hurting so bad my first cycle, or maybe I've just aged a lot since last year and my skin is closer to being paper thin and prone to unexplainable cuts. Or maybe its because the dosage is higher this time. Or maybe I'm just a cry baby because I'm hopped up on hormones. Which, by the way, do make me a crazy lady. I'm forgetful, ultra sensitive, tired, have occasional headaches and just generally unpleasant. Probably best my husband is deployed for this part.
Ohhh, look at the time! I gotta run, it's time for my remedies...adl..adlfkjaw...asdkfjkawmekcnlaseropl
No comments:
Post a Comment